If you are not an exercise enthusiast, it may be difficult for you to get up in the morning and exercise. However, if you have a morning workout plan in place you will benefit by having more energy, being ready to face the day more confidently and also burning up calories. The ultimate morning workout to follow is one which you are comfortable with and easy to do. A morning workout will also get you moving and energize you in more ways than one. A simple routine is:
You have been sleeping the whole night without much movement. When you get up, it is great to do some stretches to get the muscles accustomed to moving once again.
- Lie down flat on your back and stretch your legs including your ankles, keeping them parallel to the bed. Do this at least 5 times.
- Then move your arms so that they are at right angle to your torso, stretch and bring them back. Again five times.
- Keep your arms flat and straight, near to your hips, palms down. Bring both the legs up as far as they can go. Aim for legs at a right angle without bending the knees. Hold and bring back. Do this five times.
- Turn on your stomach and keep your legs flat. Put your palms on the bed and raise your shoulders and head and upper torso and feel the stretch. Hold and repeat.
- Get down on the floor and do push-ups, as many as you can. Then take a break and so some more. If you have a hard bed/mattress, you can do these on the bed.
- Lie flat, arms straight and bend your legs at the knees. The move your hips as far up as they go, till they form a diagonally straight line with your hips. Hold and repeat at least five times.
- Stand straight and raise both your arms. Then bend forwards and attempt to touch your toes without bending your knees. Come back to the original position and repeat 3-5 times.
- Stand straight and put both your arms behind you. Attempt to fold your hands, palms touching each other at the back. If you can’t manage this, interleave your fingers and raise them as far upwards as they go. Hold, come back and repeat.
Get the heart rate up
- Go for a run or jog. Or run in place if you don’t want to go out. You can put on some fast paced music to get you going.
- If you have a skipping rope, use it.
- Use light weights or do some cardio to tone your muscles and get fit. It is important to work up a sweat.
Cool down, shower and breakfast and you are ready to face another day with your own personal ultimate morning workout.